Recent Post

thumbnail

Vintage Finds: Typewriters

The thing I love most about vintage typewriters has to be, hands down, that satisfying ding of the return bell ... The sound alone conjurs up so many great images from the past ... busy, chattering newsrooms before deadline, an oak-paneled college library filled with co-eds and coffee ... or my favorite, a sweetheart carefully typing out a secret love letter to his beautiful bride-to-be.

What's not to love, right? That's why I get so excited to see more and more couples including these gorgeous relics of the past in their weddings either as guestbook stations or just as fabulous decor. Let's take a look at some examples ...



I just love the fun interaction that follows when guests get to crowd around a guestbook/typewriter station and leave words of wisdom and love for the couple. The sentiments they leave on paper make for an inspiring and beautiful piece of art to frame and hang in the newlywed's nest! Loving the idea as much as I am? Here's the sweet gem I have for sale:

About the typewriter:
This is a gorgeous Tiffany blue-colored Smith Corona portable typewriter from the 1960s - really the laptop of its day! It is a Cougar model and comes with its original hard carrying cover/case and has a cute handle that makes transporting a cinch.

This deliciously retro typewriter is in excellent vintage condition and has no chips or cracks. The only visible wear is found on the outside of the carrying case - there are a few minor dings and scratches along the exterior and base feet but overall, it is in superb condition. All keys are working and the return bell lets out the most delightful ring. It measures approximately 12" wide x 12" deep x 4" high.

Note: The typewriter ribbon has dried out a little bit, so it will need to be replaced with a universal ribbon before using.

Price: $248.00 + shipping SOLD
If you're interested in the typewriter and would like to request a shipping quote, just message me your zip code at theclassicbride@gmail.com! First come, first serve.

While this typewriter has sold, I have a few others for sale! Check out my inventory of vintage typewriters over in my shop, CBV!


If you're interested in any of the books, message me at theclassicbride@gmail.com for pricing and shipping information.

Finally, I just absolutely adoooooore the Tiffany blue shade of my typewriter and couldn't resist placing it in this Tiffany Blue wedding board I created awhile ago:

Doesn't it just look like it belongs? Love it! It would be perrrrrrrrfect if you're throwing a Tiffany blue wedding. ;o)

{Images: 1-4: taken from a Flights of Fancy board; 5-6: Style Me Pretty; 7-11: Style Me Pretty; 12-17: taken by me; 18-22 from a past board I created}

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About