Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems By Courtney Lake
We love looking at the beautiful features of historic homes and thinking how we can incorporate the authentic, vintage pieces into our own humble abode. These yards have sourced the globe to bring vintage, antique and one-of-a-kind items to the public. Fortunately for us, there are a number of architectural salvage outlets in California for scoring the perfect find! When designers look to replicate these rustic (and oh-so-chic) details in their projects, they turn to architectural salvage yards to find unique elements that turn a cookie cutter house into a dream home.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems
|Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems|
- Olde Good Things - Prop stylists and set decorators have been frequenting this Los Angeles gem for ages. While well known for its vast architectural library of amazingly restored and rescued pieces, you can’t miss its unique mix of upcycled furniture and quirky objects d’art. Looking for a vintage lawnmower? Boasting a warehouse of over 100,000 square feet, there’s a good possibility that Olde Good Things will have at least three in stock.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems2
- Gayle's Architectural Salvage - Located in Pasadena, Gayle's However, they are best known for their extensive stained glass window collection. Insider’s tip – be sure to ask if they have anything in storage! has an extensive inventory of architectural salvage antiques include mantels, lighting, iron work, plumbing accessories, builders hardware, and furniture representing the Arts & Crafts, Spanish Revival, Art Nouveau,Victorian and Midcentury Modern periods.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems3
- Architectural Salvage of San Diego - The mint green stucco building houses a treasure trove showroom that caters to those searching for vintage door hardware and handles. Architectural Salvage of San Diego has been serving the SoCal design community since 1996, providing a grab bag of beautiful architectural elements including vintage stained glass, columns, and kitchen and bath fixtures.
- Amighini Architectural Salvage Antiques - A 22,000-square-foot warehouse in Anaheim and a retail outlet in Corona del Mar ensure that you will find whatever new architectural addition you are searching for. Amighini specializes in iron and Deco Vintage furniture. In addition, it has a thriving custom door business that can make reproductions of most vintage doors they have in stock.
- Ohmega Salvage - Don’t make the rookie mistake and forget to look up – there are inspiring lighting options hanging all around you. This Berkeley institution has three locations: The salvage yard, which has a variety of industrial & residential salvage ranging from light fixtures, claw foot tubs and furniture; a retail site across the street, dedicated to rescued mantels, vintage light fixtures and Victorian oddities; Omegha Lighting two blocks down, the company’s retail space dedicated to restored and vintage-inspired lighting as well as its restoration workshop.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems6
- Urban Ore - Another Berkeley mainstay, Urban Ore has made it its mission to reduce the waste that ends up in landfill. Organized by size, material and type, Urban Ore is a renovator’s dream when on the search for interior doors. A trip to Urban Ore will enable you to find almost anything you need from building materials to furniture and appliances to jewelry and art or electronics. However, it’s the company’s extensive door and mantle collection that draws most people in.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems7
- Artefact Design & Salvage - Stocked with Allen’s finds from his travels abroad, and SF-made products like these lamps, as well as his regular salvaging on the East Coast, Artefact also lists a limited number of their salvage items on their online store. Visiting Sonoma for a wine tour? Make sure to stop by this wine country gem! Artefact Design & Salvage’s showroom is more laboratory than showcase, according to owner Dave Allen.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems8
- Heritage Salvage - If you have ever fallen in love with a reclaimed wood piece in Northern California, there is a strong possibility that it has a link to this Petaluma salvage yard. They have extensive working relationships with countless artisans and designers who regularly visit to peruse their perfectly weathered slabs for tables, countertops and flooring. Heritage Salvage is the place to go when searching for reclaimed lumber and barn board.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems9
- Whole House Building Supply & Salvage - This San Mateo-based company takes salvage to a whole new level. You can walk out with literally everything - including the kitchen sink! Like the name suggests, Whole House Building Supply & Salvage finds entire houses slated for demolition and gives the public access to whatever reusable materials are on premise.
Top 10 Architectural Salvage Yards For Hunting Down Decor Gems10
- Big Daddy’s Antiques - With two California locations (Los Angeles & San Francisco) Big Daddy’s is routinely on the tip of everyone’s lips as a must-stop recommendation if you are looking for unique architectural and salvage finds. The oversized birdcage with live birds only adds to the cool quotient, as does the store’s vast array of signs, vintage books and apothecary bottles. A mix of one-of-a-kind antiques and reproductions from European, Asian, and North American markets, the San Francisco store has a beautiful variety of custom seating built on-premise, as well as a well-stocked selection of garden accessories and furniture.