Recent Post

thumbnail

My Michigan Garden Bridal Shower



Back in August, three of my friends (Chelsea, Rhiannon & Ashley) threw me the most beautiful bridal shower ever. It was the hottest of Michigan summer days! My mom flew in from California and a bunch of my favorite people were there to celebrate. It was the most special day!

Last week the shower was featured on Style Me Pretty-- so fun to relive the day and all the love I felt!




From Ashley Slater Photography, my maid of honor and shower photographerI was so thrilled to be able to throw Michaela a bridal shower in the gorgeous gardens of Aquinas campus. I knew I wanted it to be reflective of her wedding day color palette and once I found the invitation on Minted, I used it to build the rest of the day. I had the greatest help in Rhiannon, of Hey Gorgeous Events, who helped choose linens, dishes and really bring Michaela’s feminine style to life! We used signage from the same calligrapher Michaela had hired for her wedding, Jenny Sanders of Graceline, and the watercolor floral elements were used throughout the setup. Of course, as beautiful as it was, the best part was sharing in such a special day, watching Michaela open gifts under a beautiful weeping willow and eating lots of delicious food! It was such a sweet day and great representation of the perfect Michigan summer afternoon!












We played a few fun games-- one where the guests had to try and recall details of our wedding day and a gift bingo game. So much fun!



We received some of the nicest gifts. So grateful for our friends and family who have helped make our house a home! 




Weren't the flowers amazing?! I wish I could have kept them forever :)




THE cutest cookies I've ever seen. And so delicious!


Ashley & Chelsea, two of the three who threw this beautiful day!

Our adorable flower girls!

Sister-in-laws & flower girls:

Some of my sweet friends from church: 


My beautiful mama and me: 

Photography: Ashley Slater | Floral Design: Hey Gorgeous Events | Invitations: Minted | Venue: Aquinas Holmedene Gardens | Cookies: Mahdris Cookie Kitchen | Dishes, Flatware + Goblets: Gigi and LaClede | Linen Rentals: Special Occasions | Michaela's Dress: Rent The Runway | Ribbon + Runners: Adorn Company | Signage: Graceline Art

Now that we're actually married, I just wish I could go back to these days and savor them even more. I'm so thankful for such great people in my life!

xoxo

Photobucket

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About