Recent Post

thumbnail

Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding


I've always loved antiquing and it's definitely one of my faaaaaavorite things to do whilst living abroad! And I think it would be an amazingly fun and wonderful idea for a bride-and-groom-to-be to do together! Not only could you procure lovely decor touches for your wedding but you could simultaneously be building a unique collection for your newlywed nest ... Read on for some of my ideas ... ;o)

So, a few weekends ago, my love and I crossed the Belgian border as we headed to one of Europe's largest and most celebrated flea markets located in a little town called Tongeren ... and, omg, I can't wait to go back! The market is held in the town center every Sunday of the year {awesome!} and while the winter months bring less vendors, I still felt like I was in heaven at every cobblestone turn ...


There were numerous dress forms for sale {remember my idea for incorporating dress forms in your wedding?} and I was so tempted to pick one up for my little walk-in alcove of a closet to drape my scarves and statement necklaces! There were also a few gorgeously weathered and caned French chairs and if we had a car other than our beloved little coupe, those beauties would be home with me right now! {remember my idea of incorporating fabulous antique chairs in your wedding? No? Click here or here}

The day we went was slightly overcast and the cloudy light shed this magnificent grey hue over the town ... it seriously looked and felt like a fairytale ... And see that lovely French mirror on the right? It's proudly sitting atop a bookshelf in our dining room now! I think it would have also been a sound investment for a bride ... imagine the stunning bridal portraits ... or you could use a white marker and write your menu on the mirror like I did last spring for CB's inspiration shoot!

I think my favorite find was the whimsical bust {right} that was a dead-ringer for the one featured in Lizzie Carney's adorable house {seriously, click that link - her house is beyond amazing and inspiring!} - I love that Lizzie decided to place the bust in her wine cellar as it seems like such a great fit with the wreath of grapes! I'm thinking about painting mine a chalky white as I'm not too keen on the forest green - any ideas or tips? Wouldn't she be a fun touch if you had a wine bar set up at your wedding?

Glorious antiques and fabulous finds aside, this adorable little pup in cap takes the cake for cute!!! He looked oh-so-dashing and proper and I loved that his owner had a matching cap to boot! I so need a little puppy in my life!

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into one of my brocanting weekends ... let me know if you did and maybe I'll make it a permanent feature! ;o)

{Images: by me!}

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About