Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding

Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your WeddingHallo friend Vintage Feed Shack, At the article you read this time with the title Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding, have prepared this article well for you to read and take the information in it. Article ANTIQUING, Article BELGIUM, Article EUROPEAN, Article EUROPEAN MARKETS, Article HOW TO FLEA MARKET FOR YOUR WEDDING, Hopefully the contents of this post we write you can understand. Okay, happy reading.

Judul : Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding
link : Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding

Read other


Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding


I've always loved antiquing and it's definitely one of my faaaaaavorite things to do whilst living abroad! And I think it would be an amazingly fun and wonderful idea for a bride-and-groom-to-be to do together! Not only could you procure lovely decor touches for your wedding but you could simultaneously be building a unique collection for your newlywed nest ... Read on for some of my ideas ... ;o)

So, a few weekends ago, my love and I crossed the Belgian border as we headed to one of Europe's largest and most celebrated flea markets located in a little town called Tongeren ... and, omg, I can't wait to go back! The market is held in the town center every Sunday of the year {awesome!} and while the winter months bring less vendors, I still felt like I was in heaven at every cobblestone turn ...


There were numerous dress forms for sale {remember my idea for incorporating dress forms in your wedding?} and I was so tempted to pick one up for my little walk-in alcove of a closet to drape my scarves and statement necklaces! There were also a few gorgeously weathered and caned French chairs and if we had a car other than our beloved little coupe, those beauties would be home with me right now! {remember my idea of incorporating fabulous antique chairs in your wedding? No? Click here or here}

The day we went was slightly overcast and the cloudy light shed this magnificent grey hue over the town ... it seriously looked and felt like a fairytale ... And see that lovely French mirror on the right? It's proudly sitting atop a bookshelf in our dining room now! I think it would have also been a sound investment for a bride ... imagine the stunning bridal portraits ... or you could use a white marker and write your menu on the mirror like I did last spring for CB's inspiration shoot!

I think my favorite find was the whimsical bust {right} that was a dead-ringer for the one featured in Lizzie Carney's adorable house {seriously, click that link - her house is beyond amazing and inspiring!} - I love that Lizzie decided to place the bust in her wine cellar as it seems like such a great fit with the wreath of grapes! I'm thinking about painting mine a chalky white as I'm not too keen on the forest green - any ideas or tips? Wouldn't she be a fun touch if you had a wine bar set up at your wedding?

Glorious antiques and fabulous finds aside, this adorable little pup in cap takes the cake for cute!!! He looked oh-so-dashing and proper and I loved that his owner had a matching cap to boot! I so need a little puppy in my life!

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into one of my brocanting weekends ... let me know if you did and maybe I'll make it a permanent feature! ;o)

{Images: by me!}


Such is the article Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding

This is a Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding article this time, hopefully can benefit for you all. Well, see you in other article postings.

You are now reading Antiquing in Tongeren, Belgium For Your Wedding article with link address http://vintagefeedsacks.blogspot.com/2011/02/antiquing-in-tongeren-belgium-for-your.html

Featured Post

Vibrant & Colorful Fruit Wedding Inspiration

You may know that in addition to my interior design business, I also am the co-founder of The Bloom Workshop. We travel the country equippi...

Postingan Populer

Recent Post