Recent Post

thumbnail

European {Honeymoon-Inspired} Travel Journal: Loire Valley, p.3


Entry No. 10: Loire Valley, p.3

Wrapping up my recap on our Loire Valley road trip, I thought I'd share a few last towns with you that I found tremendously charming and definitely on my recommendation list. We visited St. Aignan after touring Chambord in the morning - perfect town to lounge around for an afternoon. When we went, the entire town was draped in the most cheerful rainbow bunting ... the pennants fluttered in the breeze and added such a happy + lively vibe to the town. I couldn't stop snapping pics ... you'll see below. ;o)


This cute crepiot won so many awards that they ran out of room to post them all! Unfortunately, they hadn't opened yet so we didn't get to judge for ourselves but I'm sure it would have been a yummy experience!

 

We did find a little cafe that was open in St. Aignan and stopped for an afternoon drink. I had fraise-infused Perrier - Mmmm! Love the glass, too! I spotted a set at a flea market and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing them. I think they'd be super fun for a summer dinner party alfresco!

On our trip, we also spotted flyers for a "brocante" market in Suevres ... it worked out perfectly with our itinerary and we were able to head over on a Sunday morning .... and we pretty much made out like bandits! ;o) I scored some beautiful enamel pitchers, some wooden and metal bottle carriers, goooorgeous French books, plates and tins ... and an incredible French antique nightstand with marble top. Love it! Below on the right side is a small glimpse at the market ... I was really tempted to scoop up that cool dresser but the price was a little too high for moi.


Have you gone antiquing in France? What was your experience like? Do you have a favorite find or market?
Next up - Versailles and Paris!
Images by moi.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About