Recent Post

thumbnail

Attn. European Vendors: Be a part of CB's Parisian Inspiration Shoot!

Since moving to Germany, one of my primary goals has been to highlight and share the beauty of Europe and all it has to offer in terms of weddings. I've done this to a degree through the Honeymoon series but I've been wanting to step things up and start meeting wedding vendors over here ... the best and the brightest ... and then share their amazing talent with you!

So what do I have up my sleeve? Well, my husband and I currently live within driving distance from Paris so weekending in The City of Light is a breeze! After some thought, I decided I would give it a shot and start laying the groundwork for an inspiration shoot in the heart of Paris.

Now I know you've seen inspiration shoots aplenty on every single wedding blog but trust me, this is going to be different ....

I'm not just going to share the end results and wait for the ooohs and aaaahs. I want to share everything ... From beginning to end: The inspirational images that sparked our ideas, the choosing of European vendors and how we'll work together and what it is they bring to the table, behind the scenes details ... choosing outfits, props, locales, deciding on shot angles and more ... I want to share every step with you! I don't know about you but when I see a crazy amazing shoot, I want to know exactly how it came to fruition! I'm also hoping that this might help you to feel like a stylized European shoot is absolutely do-able ... I want to show you the ropes and introduce you to wonderful vendors that can help make an engagement or couples shoot in Paris a possibility for you!

So what do we have lined up so far? Let's take a look:
Styling expertise: After styling, coordinating and planning my own wedding, {which has been featured in Wedding Style Guide, B Magazine, InStyle Weddings, Weddings Unveiled and numerous other wedding and style blogs} I'm excited to apply my talents to styling a Parisian shoot! I also styled the New Orleans photoshoot in 2010 for my own shop, CB Vintage.
Props: As the proprietor and careful curator of CB Vintage, I've got a hold on what works and what doesn't. I'm looking forward to working on creating a selection of French antique wares to include in the shoot.
Location scouting and research: I already have several locale ideas jotted down and am researching other possibilities. Always open to new ideas, as well!
Models/Subjects: My husband and myself.
Attire: Luckily, I've got that covered as well. I'll share an in-depth post about the details in a future planning post but there will be two outfits for each model. The first selection will be a mod 1960s style look: Short, vintage 1960s wedding dress {it was actually my Mom's and fits me like a glove - it's so impossibly chic and I love that my Mom was so fashionably daring!}. Paired with a handsome suit. The second selection will be a more modern take with strong vintage details selected from my own wardrobe and my husband's.
Inspiration: This is obviously a work in progress and will be a collective effort of all vendors involved {as well as considering reader input}. But I did go ahead and put together an initial inspiration board to get the ball rolling {you can see that along with details below}

VENDORS: How can YOU be involved?
-- We're currently looking for an amazing photographer{s} to shoot on location in Paris for a day.
-- Possibly a hair and/or makeup artist 
-- And a talented florist to arrange a stunning floral bouquet.
-- Did we leave something out? If you're a European vendor and feel like you have something stylish and substantial to contribute, let us know!

VENDORS: Interested but wondering what's in it for you?
While there will be no monetary compensation for vendors' time and attention spent on the shoot, each vendor will receive plenty of praise, credit and press on my own blog, Classic Bride, which has been again and again praised by some of the most prestigious bridal magazines as a top bridal blog - see for yourself. CB also has an ever-growing and loyal audience comprised of many affluent brides-to-be with a penchant for all things European! In addition to the many posts I'll share about the planning and execution of this shoot with links to respective vendor's sites, I will also be offering every vendor who collaborates on the shoot with me a large-sized ad {300 x 250 pixels} on CB for 4 months {A value of $1,380.00!} The photographer{s} will receive a large-sized ad for 8 months {A value of $2,760!}.

If you think you've got what it takes to be considered or if you have any questions, etc., shoot me an e-mail and I'll be happy to chat with you! Sorry, this shoot is booked but if you're interested in doing another European shoot of some sort with me,  just e-mail me the details!

INSPIRATION:
Now for the fun part! Below is a peek at the inspiration that's already brewing in my head ... it's an impressionistic mixture of all the aspects I find beautiful about Paris ... sharing coffee while catching up on the news of the day ... grainy black and white film ... strong vintage appeal ... all with a hint of mint green to serve as a softer and more subdued homage to the brilliant bright green color heavily showcased in Amelie - one of my fave films.

Other quick ideas I have: Capturing a jaunt to a photobooth a la Amelie, languid shots by a Metro stop, enjoying sips of espresso at a streetside bistro and a few shots with the Eifel tower in the background maybe in the Jardin des Tuileries ... Oooh la la! Oh - and that mint green camera below? I have one just like it for the shoot!


Credits, clockwise from top left: Elizabeth Messina; Camera via Ink on my Fingers; Absinthe bottle; Vogue photo shoot; Image found on Google images; Scene of Paris by Robert and Kathleen Photography; Anemone bouquet found on Google images; Cafe Du Marche.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About