Recent Post

thumbnail

A CB DIY TUTORIAL | How to Make a Sequined Hanger {for that glittery pre-wedding dress shot!!}

Yesterday, I shared a glimpse of this gorgeous sequined hanger my Mom made me for Christmas. Many of you have been messaging me about the how/where/when/what of the hanger so I decided to share a DIY per my Mom's instructions via phone. ;) Hope you enjoy and may many happy hours of sequining be in your near future! I seriously think these would be the perfect choice for that pre-wedding dress shot!!

Now, before I begin sharing the steps, I just want to give a proper shout-out to the source of our hanger inspiration - Pearls and Pastries! I blogged about Lauren's darling Etsy shop a few months back {catch up on that here} and she offers so many beautiful sequined goodies - you definitely need to check out her cute shop. And if you don't have time to make your own pretty hanger, now you know where to order one {or 10!}. ;)


My Mom's {Top Secret} Directions 
for creating your own sequined hanger!

The {not-so} Secret Ingredients
- One wooden hanger. Just shop your closet! 
- Wood glue 
- Sequins. My Mom found the cute gold cupped ones at Hobby Lobby. They come in a variety of colors and sizes so that's up to you! Keep in mind that the larger the sequins, the faster the process. ;) You can also choose flat sequins but we think the cupped add a lovely dimension and depth.

Step One | Work in sections. You can choose where to start but my Mom suggests the top. Spread a line of glue from the center to the outer edge and carefully place the sequins along the line making sure to place one slightly on top of the last to create a layered effect. 

Step Two | Continue by adding two more rows of sequins along the top.

Step Three | Let the top section carefully dry and then choose a new section. Either the front, back or underneath area. Follow the same procedure of making a line of glue, laying the sequins down in layers and letting dry. Continue until the entire hanger is covered in glittery goodness!

Tip from Mom | This can be a timely process so make it more fun by placing your project in the living room so you'll remember to do it while watching a favorite show or listening to some favorite tunes. Choose a section to do every night and it will break up the tediousness.


Thanks so much to my awesome Mom for making this darling hanger and for sharing the steps today! I can't wait to use it in more photo shoots for my CB Vintage shop! ;)


All images by moi.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About