Recent Post

thumbnail

Classic Bridal Beauty Files: Oil Pulling

Have you guys heard about oil pulling? I feel like everyone has been talking about it and after staying up too late one night a few weeks ago, reading countless articles and watching one-too-many YouTube videos {this was my favorite - I'm really addicted to her YT now!}, I was convinced of the many benefits oil pulling offers and decided to try it out.
via my Instagram - are you following me? ;)
It basically consists of taking a teaspoon of coconut oil {you can also use sesame or sunflower oil} and swishing it around in your mouth for 20 minutes when you first wake up and then spitting it out. The process is supposed to pull toxins from your mouth - it's also said to freshen your breath, whiten your teeth, detoxify, help with digestion and a myriad of other positive things. It's supposedly an ancient Indian ritual and I really couldn't wait to try it out.

When I woke up the next morning, the idea of swishing a clump of oil around in my mouth seemed way less fun and enjoyable but I took a small spoonful of organic coconut oil and started swishing. I really did not enjoy having a lump of oil in my mouth but once it melted it wasn't as bad. It immediately seemed to start growing by leaps and bounds and I felt like I had chipmunk cheeks after only 2-3 minutes of swishing. After 4 minutes, I was done - I spit it out in the trash {don't spit in the sink - the oil will harden and clog your drain} and rinsed my mouth out with warm water and brushed my teeth. I will say my mouth felt really clean afterwards and while I didn't really enjoy the "process," I'm hooked enough to give it a go a few more times to see what happens.

I love that it's a natural way of detoxifying and whitening teeth and {if it works}, it would be a great bride-to-be beauty regime!

What do you think? What are your thoughts on oil pulling? Have you tried it yet? Do tell! ;)

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About