Recent Post

thumbnail

European {Honeymoon-Inspired} Travel Journal: Ghent, Belgium

Entry No. 47: Ghent, Belgium

It seems strange and surreal that a year ago J&I could decide on a random Saturday morning that we would drive to a dreamy little town in Belgium for the day and then come right back home. Thought I'd share one of those fun Germany>Belgium roadtrips with you today as I definitely think Ghent would be a grand stop for a European honeymoon. I left my top tips at the bottom of the post but if you have any questions, just leave a comment or e-mail me! xx.


CB's Top Tips for Ghent:
- Take a boat ride. Whether private or public, the boat rides give you a view of the city that you simply can't get on foot. Sit back for a dreamy spell with your love and take a few photos.

- Try the noses. Yummy cone-shaped (or nose-shaped) gummy candies that seem to be one of Ghent's claims to fame. You'll see carts parked around town selling them as well as in the candy shops. We tried licorice and cherry noses and they were the best noses I'd ever had. ;)


- Peek in the churches. We always do this when traveling but had a surprise when we stepped into a church in Ghent - there was a book sale going on! My husband's a huge bookworm so he was pretty excited despite most of the books being non-English. And there was even an antique section so that's where I beelined. :)

- Wander. This is pretty much what we did all day - we wandered around and got lost. And enjoyed every (freezing) moment of it. 

Want more Belgium?
Visit my travel guide to Bruges.
And catch up on the other entries of CB's European Travel Guides.

All images by moi.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About