Recent Post

thumbnail

Our Home Decor for Winter

The day after New Years Day, we took down our Christmas decor and spent a few hours cleaning our little abode. The week following, I spent a bit of time putting back up some regular decor and left out some of our more "winter" decor. Have a peek around!

This little ledge is in the stairway up to our living space (our front door is downstairs, then you walk straight up a flight of stairs to get to the main living space).  I use it to display some little pieces, books and plants. My favorite thing is my Gather sign by Feather and Birch.


I'm also displaying my calendar from Carleigh Courey designs. They're 30% off now!

I got a few new coffee table books for Christmas, so I'm displaying them here. One is Lovable Livable Home and the other is The Year of Cozy.

On the other side of the ledge, we're displaying a beautiful floral piece of art I found at a thrift store and one of our engagement pictures, along with these candle sticks. I love the warm tone of the wood!

Our bookcase holds some more books, a little snowy town scene (couldn't seem to put it away at Christmas, since we get snow here for a few more months!), tulip vases, a birdcage I found at a thrift store, my husband's record collection and a cute hellebore plant I found at Trader Joe's!



Bookends found here.


Our dining buffet said goodbye to our poinsettia and hello to a new fresh plant!

Tulips are a year-round favorite!

Our side chair and pouf took the place of the Christmas tree ;) And our lamp got to come back in the house, after being stored in the garage during Christmas.

I just love the way our new drapes  (on sale now!) look in the living room, especially with the patterns of our pillows. So thankful we got some gift cards to Pottery Barn so we could get a few new things for our first place together, including the drapes.

So that's how our apartment is looking these days. I'm excited to hopefully add some Valentine's Day touches soon!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who took my reader survey! I received so many kind comments, great questions I can't wait to answer, and lots of helpful feedback as well. Thank you so much for reading this little blog of mine! I'm really excited to make this the best year yet for my blog content-- including a lot more how-to posts, content heavy posts in regards to decorating (budget decorating included!) and more. Though I am an interior designer, this is a lifestyle blog so I will still continue sharing a variety of topics related to decorating, interiors, my own home, client projects, fashion finds, and I even got a few requests for easy hair tutorials. Of course, as I expected, you all want to hear more from me personally; about life, marriage, and lots of other topics, so I'll be answering a lot of questions and trying to make a better effort to get more personal here. It's scary stuff putting yourself out there for the world to read, but being vulnerable is always fruitful. If you missed the reader survey, you can take it here. Finally, thanks for entering the giveaway! I have emailed the winner!

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo

Photobucket

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About