Recent Post

thumbnail

Hair Tutorial: The Perfect Curls, Half Up & Fancy Ponytail

Hi friends! Back in January I gave my readers a survey and asked for post topics you were all interested in reading about. I used to do some hair tutorials when I was in college, so I did get a few requests for more of those. Lucky for me, one of my best friends, Chelsea, is a hair stylist (she does my hair here in Michigan! If you're looking for a stylist in West Michigan, let me know and I'll give you her info!), so she was kind enough to come up with a few styles to show you all. Not only was she a bridesmaid in our wedding, but she also did all my other bridesmaids' hair for our big day! You can see them here. My other sweet friend Rachel took all our photos for us.

Anyways, we're doing two styles today + showing you a new way to curl your hair!

CURLS:

1. Section off hair into layers. If you need to spruce up your hair on the second or third day without washing it, I love this Amika dry shampoo.

2. Curl a small section, starting at the mid-to-root area of your hair. Don't start from bottom and roll the iron all the way up.



3. Tip for texture waves: when releasing the curl, twist the hair around the rod. Watch the video to see what we mean...